Courses are structured interactive learning experiences that you create using rich-text, multi-media, and customizable templates (widgets) for adding interactivity and assessment. Editing tools allow you to quickly author content and detailed settings allow for further customization of layout and design.
- All inputs are WYSIWYG with a real-time preview of the course you're working on.
- All courses can have customizable themes (WYSIWYG CSS tools) including fonts, colors, buttons, border radiuses, etc.
- All media assets, widgets, and file-attachments added to a course are automatically stored in the Content Manager facilitating re-use, duplication, and management.
- The editor uses a responsive and mobile-friendly HTML5 format. Finished courses can be published to any common digital learning or web-based output.
Courses can be downloaded as Web Standard package or as in several SCORM formats.
- Publishing to an LMS: Choose one of the SCORM formats (SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004 (2e), SCORM 2004 (3e), or SCORM 2004 (4e)) to publish your course to any SCORM-friendly LMS.
Learn more: See Publishing Your Course for more information.
Creating a New Course
To get started, click the menu button on the top left of your screen and then select Courses.
From the Course Dashboard, click the +New button to create a new course or Open an existing course to modify an existing course.
Learn more: See step by step instructions for Creating a New Course.
Editing a Course
When you open or create your course, you will see the starting navigation screen.
- The editing toolbar runs across the top of your screen,
- Your title and cover art (if added) will display at the top with a Start button.
- Your course navigation will follow. New courses begin with one place-holder lesson, "The Pursuit of Knowledge."
There are three basic concepts that are the foundation to authoring courses in knowbly:
- Course Structure and Page Types: Every knowbly™ course has a structure which is the table of contents for the course. The Course Structure is comprised of a Start page, Modules, and Lesson, Activity, and Assessment pages. Learn more about Editing and Modifying a Course Structure.
- Blocks: Each page in knowbly is composed of one or more "blocks" of content. These blocks can include rich-text, tables, media assets, formulas, file attachments, or interactive widgets. Learn more about Working with Course Blocks.
- Themes: In addition to individual block settings, you can create a custom Theme that can be applied to any course to designate a default style for most elements. Themes control defaults such as font, text size, text color, background color, and navigation button style. Learn more about Themes.
At any time, toggle between PREVIEW and EDIT mode. In PREVIEW mode, select between desktop, tablet, or mobile views (horizontal or vertical orientation) to test out how your course will play on various formats.