Courses are structured interactive learning experiences that you create using rich-text, multi-media, and customizable templates (widgets) for adding interactivity and assessment. Editing tools allow you to quickly author content and detailed settings allow for further customization of layout and design.
- General Features
- Distribution Options
- Creating a New Course
- Editing a Course
- All inputs are WYSIWYG with a real-time preview of the course you're working on.
- All courses can have customizable themes (WYSIWYG CSS tools) including fonts, colors, buttons, border radiuses, etc.
- All media assets, widgets, and file-attachments added to a course are automatically stored in the Content Manager facilitating re-use, duplication, and management.
- The editor uses a responsive and mobile-friendly HTML5 format. Finished courses can be published to any common digital learning or web-based output.
Courses can be downloaded as Web Standard package or in several SCORM formats.
- Publishing to an LMS: Choose one of the SCORM formats (SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004 (2e), SCORM 2004 (3e), or SCORM 2004 (4e)) to publish your course to any SCORM-friendly LMS.
Learn more: See Publishing Your Course for more information.
Creating a New Course
To get started, click the menu button on the top left of your screen and then select Courses.
From the Course Dashboard, click the +New button to create a new course, Copy an existing course to use as a template, or Open an existing course to modify an existing course.
Learn more: See step by step instructions for Creating a New Course.
Editing a Course
When you open or create your course, you will be in editing mode on the first page.
- The editing toolbar runs across the top of your screen.
- In the left-hand panel, you will see the course outline or navigation.
- New courses begin with one place-holder lesson.
Learn more: Learn the basics (and some tips and tricks) for Editing a Course.
You can create a custom Theme that can be applied to any course to designate a default style for most elements. Themes control defaults such as font, text size, text color, background color, and navigation button style. Learn more about Themes.
At any time, toggle between PREVIEW and EDIT mode. In PREVIEW mode, select between desktop, tablet, or mobile views (horizontal or vertical orientation) to test out how your course will play on various formats.
Collaborate in real-time with knowbly's commenting and notification tools. Our collaboration tools support your team workflow so that you can iterate rapidly while retaining a live record of changes. Learn more about Commenting and Notifications.