Editing Your Course
This topic will provide an overview of the course editing tools including:
- Course Settings
- Course Themes
- Editing a Lesson
- Adding Content Blocks
- Adding Media Assets
- Adding Widgets
Note: You can leave the course at any time by clicking the Home icon (it will turn into a back arrow as you hover your mouse over it):
Course settings allow you to set a course cover image, edit the course name, sub-title, author, and description. To make changes to the course settings, open the desired course and click the Settings icon. These are the settings you enter when first creating a new course.
You can apply a theme to your course to control the look and feel of all the elements that are used in the course. Themes allow you to add consistency to your courses and to tie into your company’s branding.
Editing a Lesson
When editing a course you can add the following types:
- Activity: Single page where you can add a single activity (Annotated Video, Flashcards, Hotspot)
- Assessment: Single page where you can add a single assessment
1. Select the Course Structure icon to display the structure of modules and lessons.
2. Select the lesson you wish to edit.
3. To add content to your lesson, you will be assembling a series of blocks.
4. Edit the sample block or hover over any block to display the icon beneath it.
5. Click the icon to create a new block.
Adding Content Blocks to Your Lesson
1. First, select the type of column you want for this block:
One Column - Creates a single block that spans the width of the page.
Two Columns - Creates a block with two columns, equal in width.
Minor Major - Creates a block with two columns - one major and one minor.
2. Click the type of block you want to insert. This can be text, widget, image, video, audio, or table. For example, if you want a one-column text block, the selection would look like this:
3. Depending on the block chosen, enter text, insert a media asset, or add a widget.
Adding Media Assets to your Course
You can add media assets to blocks in your course by uploading, using the drag and drop method, by URL, by browsing for stock images, or by accessing media already loaded to the Content Manager.
Upload/Drag and Drop
Add by URL
To add a media asset (image, audio and video) by URL, add or copy the URL and the asset will be displayed on your screen. You may either add another URL or click Add to save your URL to knowbly™.
You can also add stock assets from www.unsplash.com.
Adding Widgets to your Course
1. Select Widget from Blocks.
Note: You can locate widgets by entering a file name in the Filter by: Widget search field.
Previewing Your Changes
At any time during editing or when you have finished, click the Preview button to see what a published version will look like.
Choose the type of device on which you want to preview the content.
You can choose:
- Tablet, Portrait
- Tablet, Landscape
- Mobile, Portrait
- Mobile, Landscape