You can add videos to the knowbly Content Manager in two ways:
- You can link to a streaming video file (hosted on YouTube, Vimeo, Kaltura, or Wistia).
- You can upload local video files for storage in the Content Manager.
Please see below for some considerations when adding video:
To get started, click the menu button in the top left of your screen and then select Content to access the Content Manager.
From the Content Manager, click the + New button and select Assets from the drop-down list.
To upload video, you can
- Choose a file from your computer, then drag-and-drop to load.
- Click to search browse and select files from your computer.
- Upload via URL.
Using Video in Widgets
- If you are using video in a widget and planning to publish using an embed code you must add video using a streaming video file (hosted on YouTube, Vimeo, Kaltura, or Wistia)
- If you use an uploaded video in a widget, the application will provide you with a warning and recommend using a streaming service.
- If you try to publish a widget with uploaded video using the embed code, you will not be able to proceed and will see this error "Embed outputs disabled when using uploaded videos."
- If you are using a video in a widget and planning to download a web standard or scorm package you can use either a hosted video file OR an uploaded video.
Using Video in Courses
Courses are always downloaded as a package and therefore have no limitation. You may use a streaming video or an uploaded video file.
Individual file size limitation is 2GB max per file. If your file is too large, a warning message will display.
See also: Supported Asset Types