Once you have created lessons in a course, you can add all sorts of widgets to the mix. Media Gallery Widgets is one type of widget.
There are three types of media gallery widgets that are similar in nature:
This widget allows you to present still images, audio, and video elements within a collection. You can choose between horizontal or vertical thumbnail navigation, or a "3D" presentation in which the user scrolls or swipes through the collection in a linear fashion without thumbnails. This widget instructs the user that this collection is a series of media linked in either a comparative or contrasting relationship.
Note: For more information about creating widgets and using existing widgets, see the “Introducing Widgets” topic.
1. From the Add Widget window, select a media gallery type of widget by clicking the Add button for it. (In these steps we will be using the Thumbnail Media Gallery as our example.)
The sample widget is inserted into your lesson. It has sample text and photos to give you an idea of what the finished widget will look like.
2. Click the Edit Widget link to edit the widget.
Depending on the type of widget that you are editing, the widget will display in Edit mode.
The widget details display in an expanded mode. Below are the details for one of the sample photos in the Thumbnail Media Gallery.
3. Enter the name of the gallery in the Introduction field and the caption of the gallery in the Caption field. Note: These two fields display no matter which photo is being shown.
4. Click the Replace media arrow icons.
The Add Media window displays.
For more information about adding media, see the Adding and Creating Media topic.
Once you have changed the sample photos for your own, you can change the sample caption text for each photo.
5. Replace the sample caption text with your own text for each photo.
6. Click the Collapse All link in order to view the photos in a collapsed mode. Click the Expand All link in order to view the photos in an expanded state.
You can also select the collapse/expand arrow for individual photos. This allows you to easily move the photos to different positions in the gallery by clicking the up/down arrows.
In the collapsed mode, you can more easily copy a photo and caption by clicking the Copy icon. You can also delete the photo by clicking the Delete icon.
You can easily change the gallery to the Thumbnail, Arrows, or Carousel options.
1. Select the Settings icon and choose the desired option.
Here are examples of each option:
Previewing Your Changes
At any time during editing or when you have finished, click the Preview button to see what a published version will look like.
Choose the type of device on which you want to preview the content.
You can choose:
- Tablet, Portrait
- Tablet, Landscape
- Mobile, Portrait
- Mobile, Landscape