There are three Gallery widgets: Display templates for creating interactive multimedia presentations in different formats. Each Gallery allows you to present images, audio, and video elements within a collection.
The three formats are Thumbnails, Carousel, and Arrows:
In this template, the learner clicks through the Gallery using small thumbnails at the bottom of the Gallery.
In this template, the learner clicks through the Gallery using left and right arrows and previews of the media on either side.
In this template, media is displayed one at a time and the learner uses arrows to navigate through the Gallery.
To create a Gallery widget (either from the Content Manager or directly into a block in a course you are editing) select the widget template from the Add Widget window.
This is the Add Widget window from the Content Manager.
Note: If you are starting from a lesson page, a sample widget is inserted into your lesson. (You can replace the sample content with your own, of course.)
If you're not already, switch to Edit mode. If you're working in a course block, click the Edit Widget link.
You will see a series of layers similar to what is shown below. Each of these layers forms a "slide" in the Gallery. The Caption will show up below the media.
- Use the arrows in the upper right to re-order the layers/media
- You can add audio to your Caption if you choose.
- Click the Replace media icon to replace any placed images.
- Open the settings panel to adjust the settings that are unique to the Gallery widgets. Here you can switch the display mode between the Gallery widget types:
- At any time during editing or when you have finished, click Preview to see what a published version will look like.