A theme in knowbly™ governs the look and feel of all elements that are deployed within a course or applied to a widget. If you’re familiar with web design, a theme in knowbly™ acts as a modifiable Cascading Style Sheet (CSS).
1. Click the menu button in the upper-left corner and select Templates.
2. The existing templates are displayed. Click the New button.
The New Theme dialog displays:
3. Select a theme source from one of the existing themes by clicking on the radio button in the top-left corner. This enables you to modify a similar theme instead of beginning from scratch.
- You can search for the name of an existing theme by typing an existing theme name in the Select source theme field.
4. Enter a name for the theme in the New theme name field and click the Create button. The following theme template page displays:
5. You can customize the theme basics, media, text, widgets, tables, course, and navigation by clicking on the tabs at the top of the template. For explanations of each tab, see below.
6. When you’re done, select the Publish button in the upper-right corner so it is saved. Once published, your theme is now available to apply to courses and widgets.
The Basics tab lets you choose theme colors, drop shadows, font family, weight, size, and color. You can also change the styling of action and navigation buttons, as well as response and feedback items.
Click on the individual color blocks to select a new color or shade.
The Media tab lets you customize the appearance of each media type: images, audio, and video.
The Text tab lets you choose the font, font case, and font color for the various levels of text.
The Widgets tab lets you customize the font, font colors, background, borders, and buttons for each type of widget.
The Tables tab lets you choose the style of tables, including font, background colors, and header styling.
The Course tab lets you adjust the padding and background color for the various course blocks. You can also adjust the top and bottom gutter padding for lesson cards.
The Navigation tab lets you format how the cover card, navigation menu, page navigation, and course progress will appear.