Once you have created lessons in a course, you can add all sorts of widgets to the mix. Tab and accordion Widgets are very similar in nature so they will be included in one topic.
The Tab and Accordion widgets allow you to insert content that can be toggled to be displayed or not. The only difference is that the Tab widget displays/hides content in a horizontal tabular manner and the Accordion widget displays/hides content in a vertical manner.
Note: Images will be shown for each type when the layout differs.
1. From the Add Widget window, select an accordion or Tab type of widget by clicking the Add button for it.
The sample widget is inserted into your lesson. It has sample content to give you an idea of what the finished widget will look like.
2. Click the Edit Widget link to edit the widget.
The widget details display in an expanded mode. Below are the details for sample widgets in the Accordion and Tab widgets.
3. You can collapse some or all of the objects in the widget.
4. Click the Collapse All link in order to view the components in a collapsed mode. Click the Expand All link in order to view the components in an expanded state.
You can also select the collapse/expand arrow for individual components. This allows you to easily move the components to different positions in the widget by clicking the up/down arrows.
The numbers to the left of the components indicate their position in the widget.
In the collapsed mode, you can more easily copy a component by clicking the Copy icon. You can also delete the photo by clicking the Delete icon.
Adding Terms and Definitions
You can add your own terms and definitions that display when you hover over them. In Edit mode you can replace the sample content with your own.
1. Enter a phrase in the Header field.
2. Enter content in the Content field.
3. Continue adding headers and contents as needed.
Previewing Your Changes
At any time during editing or when you have finished, click the Preview button to see what a published version will look like.
Choose the type of device on which you want to preview the content.
You can choose:
- Tablet, Portrait
- Tablet, Landscape
- Mobile, Portrait
- Mobile, Landscape