The Tabs Widget and the Accordion Widget are Display widgets templates. Each allows you to display rich-text and multimedia content that can be revealed in a linear fashion.
The Tabs widget displays content under horizontal Tab headers.
The Accordion widget displays content in a vertical expandable Accordion rows.
To create a Tabs or Accordion widget (either from the Content Manager or directly into a block in a course you are editing) select the widget template from the Add Widget window.
This is the Add Widget window from the Content Manager.
Follow the prompts to add content.
If you're not already, switch to Edit mode. If you're working in a course block, click the Edit Widget link.
You will see a series of layers similar to what is shown below. Each of these layers forms a "Tab" in the widget. The Header will be the label in the tab and the Content will show up in the body.
- The layers are built the same for both the Tabs and the Accordion widget.
- Use the arrows in the upper right to re-order the layers/tabs.
- You can add multimedia to your Content layers if you choose.
- Click the Replace media icon to replace any placed media.
- Open the settings panel to adjust the settings that are unique to these widgets. Here you can switch the display mode between the Tabs and Accordion:
- The Accordion widget has some additional settings:
- Allow either one accordion or multiple accordions to be open at a time.
- Position the open/close icons to the left or right side of the content.
- At any time during editing or when you have finished, click Preview to see what a published version will look like.