Add tags and other details to assets in the Content Manager to help you organize, manage, find, and reuse your assets.
- Asset Details includes information about media assets and widgets such as title, creator, creation date, description, rights, and sources.
- Tags are text labels to help you search and organize your content.
First make sure you are in the Content Manager: Select Content from the upper left corner of knowbly.
Select the asset you wish to modify by clicking on the asset name. Then, click the Asset Details button in the Filter Toolbar.
A panel will open on the right side that allows you to view the asset information.
- At a glance you will see information about the asset including Type, Format, Size, Dimensions, and Duration if appropriate.
- Some of the information is modifiable and some is locked to editing.
The example below shows the asset information panel for an image.
(Click the right-facing arrow to expand each section.)
The Details section displays basic information about the asset including owner, date created, and date last modified.
The Tags section displays labels associated with the assets. These are very useful for searching and finding your assets for re-use.
There are three different ways tags can be applied to your assets:
- Individual tagging - enter tags for an individual asset.
- Auto-tagging - add tags automatically with AI tagging - then review and modify if needed.
- Batch tagging - select a batch of assets and tag them all at one time
You can access tags from the Tags area of the Asset Details panel or by clicking the Tag icon of a selected media asset or widget.
The Add Tag dialog displays.
Enter text to add new tags and press Enter or Return after each term.
Once you have finished adding tags, click the Add button.
Click the Auto-Tag link to add tags automatically. Once added you can choose which ones to keep and which to delete.
NOTE: You can also click Clear Tags to delete all of the tags associated with the asset or widget.
Working with Batches
To save time, you can add tags to multiple assets at one time.
Start by selecting multiple assets using one of these methods:
- For contiguous assets, click the first one, hold the SHIFT key down and then select the last asset.
- For non-contiguous assets, hold down the CTRL key and then click on each desired asset.
- Do a long right-click and drag the asset.
In the example below three assets have been selected on the first row.
Once you have selected multiple assets three icons appear at the bottom of the window.
To copy selected assets, click the first icon. A confirmation prompt displays:
Click Copy to copy the assets. The assets are named “copy” and display in the Content Manager.
To delete selected assets, click the last icon. A confirmation prompt displays:
Click Delete to delete the assets.
To tag selected assets, click the middle icon. The Batch Tags dialog displays. In the following example, the tag “yoga” has been suggested.
Click the Add button to add the tag to the selected assets.
The Description section displays information such as: subject, description, publisher, and contributor.
You can click Edit to modify the information if you have the proper permissions.
Rights & Sources
The Rights & Sources section displays information such as: identifier, source, language, coverage, rights, and credit.
You can click Edit to modify the information if you have the proper permissions. Stock images come with rights and sources that cannot be edited.