Add tags and other details to assets in the Content Manager to help you organize, manage, find, and reuse your assets.
- Asset Details includes information about media assets and widgets such as title, creator, creation date, description, rights, and sources.
- Tags are text labels to help you search and organize your content.
First make sure you are in the Content Manager: Select Content from the upper left corner of knowbly.
Select the asset you wish to modify by clicking on the asset name. Then, click the Asset Information button in the Filter Toolbar.
A panel will open on the right side that allows you to view the asset information.
- You will see information including asset type, format, size, dimensions, and duration if appropriate.
- Some of the information is modifiable and some is locked to editing.
The example below shows the asset information panel for an image.
(Click the right-facing arrow to expand each section.)
The Details section displays basic information about the asset including owner, date created, and date last modified.
The Accessibility button allows you to add accessibility features such as Alt Text for screen readers. Learn more about Accessibility options in knowbly.
The Description section displays information such as subject, description, publisher, and contributor.
You can click Edit to modify the information if you have the proper permissions.
Rights & Sources
The Rights & Sources section displays information such as identifier, source, language, coverage, rights, and credit.
You can click Edit to modify the information if you have the proper permissions. Stock images come with rights and sources that cannot be edited.
The Tags section displays labels associated with the assets. These are very useful for searching and finding your assets for re-use.
There are three different ways tags can be applied to your assets:
- Individual tagging - enter tags for an individual asset.
- Auto-tagging - add tags automatically with AI tagging - then review and modify if needed.
- Batch tagging - select a batch of assets and tag them all at one time
You can access tags from the Tags area of the Asset Information panel or by clicking the Tag icon of a selected media asset or widget.
In the Add Tag screen, enter new tags using Enter or Return after each term. Click the Add button when you are finished entering tags.
Click Auto-Tag and the system will add best-guess tags automatically. Once added you can choose which ones to keep and which to delete.
Note: You can also click Clear Tags to delete all of the tags associated with the asset or widget.
See related article: Modifying Assets in Batches