Ready to add a brand new course? You’re going to be amazed at how easy it is to build a fantastic looking course!
1. Click on Courses from the navigation square in the top-left corner.
2. Next, click on the green “+ New” button.
3. In the New Course window, you’ll need to give your course a name (it’s the only required field). In this window you can also add the following optional items:
a. Cover image (image will appear on the course tile)
b. Keywords (used for tagging)
c. Contributor names
d. Course description
4. Now click Create to open the course in the Course Composer.
Now you’re ready to build your course and add content in the Course Composer. Click on the icons at the top left of your screen to open the drop-down menus. This is how you’ll add a course structure, apply a theme, add content, and change settings. Here is some specific info to get you started:
- Structure Menu: Click “Edit” to create the course structure and add lesson, activity, and assessment page types. Group them together with Modules. Click on a specific lesson to select the page you’d like to add content to (the lesson will have a green vertical line on the right so you’ll know which one you’ve selected).
- Themes Menu: The current theme is displayed. To use a different theme, just click on “Browse”, then click on the circle in the top-left corner of the desired theme and click “Apply.”
- Blocks Menu: First select the column style of that particular lesson (One Column, Two Column, or Minor Major). Then click inside the lesson page where you want to add content and select the type of content you want to add from the left menu (Text, Widget, Image, Video, Audio, or Tables). So many possibilities! To add content to a different module/lesson, just go back to the Structure Menu to select a different lesson.
- Settings Menu: Adjust padding, background, and image overlay.
If you’d like more help or training, please view the other articles or videos, or reach out!