The Content Manager Helps You Manage Content
We know your learning content includes many types, formats, and versions of media assets. In knowbly™, the Content Manager provides a central location for you to import, store, manage, and reuse all your digital assets.
- For video and audio, you can upload files to store in the Content Manager or simply manage via a hosted URL.
- Any widgets you create will also be stored for re-use in the content manager.
- You may also create and store mathematical formulas if that capability is enabled for your workspace.
Click the “+” button to import or build a media asset or start building a new widget.
Once you have added your asset, hover your mouse over the tile and click the options menu (three vertical dots) to bring up options. Options include downloading, publishing (widgets), copying, tagging, deleting, and also Usage - which allows you to see where the asset is used in your widgets and courses.
Tagging, Searching, Filtering
Finding your asset in the content manager is easy with knowbly's tagging, searching, and filtering.
- Tagging Add tags to your content to make it easy to find later. Our auto-tagging makes this a breeze - but you can always customize your tags to meet your needs.
- Searching Search the entire content manager by tag, creator, or keyword.
- Filtering Filter and sort by media type, widget category, date last updated, size, or name.
- View Adjust the view to see the entire team’s content, or just your own. Choose tile view or list view.
Once you have your assets in the Content Manager, you can re-use them in your courses and widgets and easily make updates - all from a single source if you wish.
Sandra has used a Hotspot widget in 10 different courses. She's discovered a change needed in the image she used.
- Sandra can select Usage in the Options menu to see all the places that widget is being used.
- Sandra can edit that widget and the changes she makes to the widget in the content manager will automatically update everywhere that asset has been used. (OR she can create a copy if she only wants to deploy the changes in some of the courses.)
On-screen messaging will alert you to all locations an asset is being used to prevent accidental updates.