Once you have created lessons in a course, you can add all sorts of widgets to the mix. Video Widgets is one type of widget.
The Video widget allows you to create a presentation of video content with pause-point markers applied to the timeline of the video player. For each timeline marker, you are able to add supplemental text which provides context for the current position in the video. You can choose to have this supplemental content appear as an overlay to the video or side-by-side with the video itself. This widget is a means to allow the user to proceed through instructional video in a self-paced and explorative manner.
1. From the Add Widget window, select a video type of widget by clicking the Add button for it.
The sample widget is inserted into your lesson. It has sample text and photos to give you an idea of what the finished widget will look like.
2. Click the Edit Widget link to edit the widget.
The widget details display in an expanded mode.
3. You can collapse some or all of the objects in the widget.
3. Click the Replace media arrow icons to change a video.
The Add Media window displays.
For more information about adding media, see the Adding and Creating Media topic.
You can add annotations to a video.
1. Play the video until the section you want to annotate appears:
2. Select Annotation from the drop down list:
3. Enter a title in the Title field.
4. Enter the annotation text in the Annotation field.
NOTE: You can copy an annotation by clicking the Copy icon. You can also delete the annotation by clicking the Delete icon.
5. Select the type of layout you want from the Layout drop down list:
You can add bookmarks to a video.
1. Play the video until the section you want to bookmark appears:
2. Select Bookmark from the drop down list:
3. Enter a label in the Label field.
NOTE: You can copy an annotation by clicking the Copy icon. You can also delete the annotation by clicking the Delete icon. Note: Deleting uploaded video content will also delete all created annotation markers for that video.
When viewing a video, click the Table of Contents icon to see a list of bookmarks and annotations in the video.
Previewing Your Changes
At any time during editing or when you have finished, click the Preview button to see what a published version will look like.
Choose the type of device on which you want to preview the content.
You can choose:
- Tablet, Portrait
- Tablet, Landscape
- Mobile, Portrait
- Mobile, Landscape