Once you have created lessons in a course, you can add all sorts of widgets to the mix. Hotspot Widgets is one type of widget.
The Hotspot widget allows you to create widgets that display definitions of terms that are hovered over.
1. From the Add Widget window, select a Hotspot type of widget by clicking the Add button for it.
The sample widget is inserted into your lesson. It has sample text and photos to give you an idea of what the finished widget will look like.
2. Click the Edit Widget link to edit the widget.
The widget details display in an expanded mode. Below are the details for one of the sample widgets in the Hotspot widgets.
3. You can collapse some or all of the objects in the widget.
4. Click the Replace media arrow icons to change a photo.
The Add Media window displays.
For more information about adding media, see the Adding and Creating Media topic.
5. Click the Collapse All link in order to view the components in a collapsed mode. Click the Expand All link in order to view the components in an expanded state.
You can also select the collapse/expand arrow for individual components. This allows you to easily move the components to different positions in the widget by clicking the up/down arrows.
The numbers to the left of the components indicate their position in the widget.
You can copy a term and definition by clicking the Copy icon. You can also delete a term and definition by clicking the Delete icon.
Adding Terms and Definitions
You can add your own terms and definitions that display when you hover over them. In Edit mode you can replace the sample content with your own.
1. Enter a term in the Term field.
2. Enter the definition text in the Definition field.
NOTE: Each hotspot’s location on the x-y axis is displayed.
3. Continue adding terms and definitions as needed.
Previewing Your Changes
At any time during editing or when you have finished, click the Preview button to see what a published version will look like.
Choose the type of device on which you want to preview the content.
You can choose:
- Tablet, Portrait
- Tablet, Landscape
- Mobile, Portrait
- Mobile, Landscape