The Hotspots Widget is an Activity template for creating an interactive image with configurable multimedia hotspots.
To create a Hotspots widget (either from the Content Manager or directly into a block in a course you are editing) select Hotspots from the Add Widget window and click the Add button.
Note: If you are starting from a lesson page, a sample widget is inserted into your lesson. (You can replace the sample content with your own, of course.)
If you're not already, switch to Edit mode. If you're working in a course block, click the Edit Widget link.
Click the Replace media icon to replace the image.
You will see a series of layers similar to what is shown below. Each of these layers forms a hotspot on top of the image. The Term will show up as a bold heading and the Definition will show as additional text.
- Use the arrows in the upper right to re-order the layers/hotspots.
- You can add images, audio, and video to your hotspot Definition field.
- Select the image to see image resizing and other options
- You can manually maneuver the placement of each hotspot on the image.
- Open the settings panel to adjust the settings that are unique to the Hotspots widget. You can set the Popup Style, the Marker Style, or have Invisible Hotspots to create an activity where the learner needs to identify an item in the image.
- At any time during editing or when you have finished, click Preview to see what a published version will look like.