Use our easy-to-use tools to record and edit your own audio recordings. Then use your audio recordings as assets in a widget or course blocks, or apply them to full page narration. Record up to 30 minutes of audio per recording.
- Recording from the Content Manager
- Recording from the Course Editor
- Recording an Audio Clip
- Editing an Audio Clip
Recording from the Content Manager
Select the New button in the Content Manager and choose Record Audio. Any audio you add as an asset in the Content Manager will be available to place in any course or widget.
Recording from the Course Editor
You can also record audio while in edit mode to add to a course block or as page narration.
- When you add audio as a course block, you will see the option to add an existing audio asset from the Content Manager, or to record a new audio file.
- To record audio for full page narration, see Using Audio Narration.
Recording an Audio Clip
When you are ready to record audio, add a title for the asset and then click Record to begin recording.
Once you press the “Record” button audio recording will immediately start. We recommend using a microphone and reducing ambient noise to achieve the best audio quality. You can pause the recording at any time to allow you to edit your recording up to that point or save your audio file.
Once the recording is paused, you have several options:
- Continue with your recording using the Resume button.
- Play back your recording so far using the Play button in the middle.
- Edit the recording by hitting the Edit button on the right.
Editing an Audio Clip
knowbly gives you two editing options: trim or delete. There are two sliders at either end of the recording which you can position to segment your audio clip. As you position the sliders, the audio wave on the outside of the sliders will be grayed out.
- Trim: Choose “Trim” to remove anything outside the sliders (the grayed out audio)
- Delete: Choose “Delete” to delete anything inside the sliders (the white audio).
- Save: Choose save to preserve your changes.
- Cancel: You can replay your edits to make sure they are correct, and choose cancel to back out of your changes.
When you are happy with your recording, save the recording by hitting Add which will add the recording to the Content Manager (if the Add button isn’t lit up make sure you’ve given your recording a title). Note you cannot re-edit an audio recording once you have saved it to the Content Manager - you will need to create a new audio recording if you require further changes.
If you were working from a course block or page narration, the audio clip will be added in place as well.