Adding a new widget
This article describe how to add a new widget to your Content Manager.
1. Click on the green (+) and select Widget in the Content Manager.
2. Select the widget template that best suits your content. You can click on the Activity, Assessment, and Display tabs to help you sort the various widget categories.
3. Name your widget.
4. Build your widget by adding text, images, audio, video, etc., (options available will depend on the widget type you've selected). Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Widgets are created layer by layer. When you preview the widget or add it to a course, those layers will be put together into an amazing little interactive widget!
- Add additional layers by clicking on the + at the bottom of the layer. The first layer automatically displays when you first create a widget.
- Each widget type has its own unique template, but they’re all easy to use!
- Enhance your text: Use the Toolbar at the top of the screen to style your text, add bullet points, links, and more!
- Customize settings: Click on the gear icon in the top-left corner to open the Settings panel for even more customizable options. The available settings will depend on the type of widget - some are simple and have just a few options, while others (like assessments) give you a lot of flexibility in how your content is presented to the user.
5. All done creating your layers? Click “Preview” in the top-right corner to try it out!
Like it? Love it? Want more of it? Once your widget has been given a name, it will show up in your Content Manager as an available widget. Yay! If you hover over a widget tile, you’ll see a three-dot ellipsis in the upper right corner that has - you guessed it - MORE OPTIONS! That’s where you can Publish, Copy, Delete, Tag, or view each widget’s Info / Metadata.
Still have questions? Want to learn more? Contact us at email@example.com, or chat with our support team inside of knowbly™.