Once you are done building your widget, you are ready to publish it.
There are several publishing options for widgets:
- Download the widget as a package of files (web standard or SCORM)
- Copy the hosted web link to the widget and embed it on your site.
Do you need help making a decision? Here are some things to consider:
Posting to an LMS
- Option 1 - SCORM: Gradeable/Trackable: Download the widget as a SCORM Package. You can then add your widget, standalone or to a course in your LMS.
- Option 2 - Embedded: If you don't need the widget to be trackable and/or gradeable, publish and copy the embed link and paste it where you want it. No files to deal with in this case, the widget is hosted by knowbly.
Posting to a Website
- Option 1 - Web standard package: Download the widget as .zip archive. You can then extract the folder of files on your desktop and then upload these files to your location of choice, such as a web server.
- Option 2: - Embedded: If you don't need the physical files, but just want to include the widget you created on a website or other location, copy the embed link and paste it where you want it. The widget is hosted by knowbly.
Note about the Embed links
- The advantage of using the embed option is that it is easy to deploy updates. To publish changes, edit your widget, hit the publish and embed tab again, and your changes will automatically deploy to wherever you have embedded your widget (since the change is made in our server). Make a change, and everyone can see your change immediately!
Select a widget from the Content Manager and click the Download/Publish icon.
To download the widget click the Download tab and elect the download format. (If you select SCORM, you will be prompted to choose the Version your LMS supports.)
Click the Download button. The zip file will be is downloaded to your desktop.
To embed a widget, click the Embed tab. You will have the option to use an iframe to copy and embed your widget. You can also just copy the src URL to add a link instead of an iframe.
Click the Copy button. The HTML text is copied to your Clipboard for pasting in your desired location.