You can upload knowbly™ content to Absorb using several methods.
Link (Embed) Widget
You can embed a Knowbly™ widget directly onto a Absorb page.
- In Knowbly™, choose a widget you’d like to publish from the Content Manager. Click the three-dot option menu in the upper right of the widget tile, and choose the Publish arrow.
- The publishing window will open (see below). Select the Embed tab at the top. Then select the portion of the embed code containing the URL pointed to by the src tag. For example, if the embed code is the following:
<iframe width="840" height="730" src="https://embed.knowblyapp.com/embed/accordion/5b6c99206060160007af4494" ></iframe>
- Copy just the https source portion to the clipboard:
- After logging into Absorb and going to the Admin area in order to edit the course the widget will be embedded in, go to “Courses” and select the course to be updated for editing, then select “Edit” from the panel to the right.
- After selecting Edit, select the “Syllabus” tab in order to embed the widget within your course at the desired location.
- Select “Add Learning Object”, and in the resulting window select “Object”, then select “Next”.
- In the next pane of the window, type a name for your object into the name field, then paste the url copied earlier into the Source field. Then click on “Add Object”.
- Your widget is now embedded into your Absorb course as shown.
You can import a widget or a full course into your Absorb course.
- Export the widget or course to the format of SCORM desired. From within knowbly™, publish the course or widget using the version (format) of Scorm desired, 1.2, 2004 (2e), 2004 (3e) or 2004 (4e). Knowbly will send an email to your registered email account with a link to download the SCORM archive once it has been built.
- From within Absorb, go to Menu -> Admin and select Admin.
- From the Absorb admin screen, select the item “Courses” in the left panel, and then select the “Courses” menu item that pops up.
- From the resulting screen, select the “Add New” menu, and then select “Import Course”.
Select the type of course you wish to import into Absorb, e.g. SCORM 1.2 or SCORM 2004. If using SCORM 2004, Knowbly SCORM 2004 version 4e imports and runs correctly in Absorb.